Monday, February 16, 2015

ANIME SHOWCASE: "Comical Psychosomatic Medicine"

     If you like gag comedy and just plain off the wall anime series, then I have a treat for you. Comical Psychosomatic Medicine is a new show to hit the anime scene, and so far it has been accepted very well. I wasn't sure what to expect before watching the first episode upon its release, but after watching it I am more than satisfied with the results. It's hilarious, intelligent, and very well scripted. The episodes have a run time of about five minutes, and boy do they pack a lot into them!
     The strength in its humor is that the writer ties in smart puns and dialogue with actual fact based medicine and diagnosis for existing illnesses. One second a character is acting ridiculous and making ostentatious comments, and another character will be explaining the ratios for panic attacks in men and women across the globe. They tend to talk very fast, which makes it a bit hard to keep up sometimes, but the quick jokes you may miss are some of the real highlights of the skit. I just love how they make you laugh while helping you learn something you may have never known at the same time. If you're like me and you're a complete knowledge junkie, then it's a nice little treat.
     I did some extra research into the manga the show is based on and found some very colorful looking characters that have yet to make an appearance. Needless to say I am dying to see how they react and hold themselves when introduced in the coming episodes. So far we have been introduced to the young doctor and nurse in the center of the picture above. Our nurse is very goofy and empty headed, and our doctor tries to teach her knew medicine all while trying to keep his cool. It makes for some pretty funny moments.
     The first episode's theme is "ED" or "Erectile Dysfunction". I'm sure you can only imagine how that goes down, and I definitely don't want to spoil anything for you here. My eyes were glued to the screen the entire time, and I surprisingly learned a few new facts about depression and the male brain that I never knew!
     My diagnosis; you should check out the first episode and have a good laugh. If you're interested I left a link below so you can stream it instantly. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did because I'm definitely coming back for more when new episodes are released.
     Thanks again Otakus!

-Otaku Anonymous

Link to watch episode 1: http://www.crunchyroll.com/comical-psychosomatic-medicine/episode-1-669463

No comments:

Post a Comment